Board Member Qualifications & Responsibilities
This is an extraordinary opportunity for individuals who are passionate about the success of CWEEL and who have a track record of volunteerism and leadership.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Professional experience in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector related to energy and environmental sectors and/or women’s advancement
- A commitment o and understanding of CWEEL’s mission preferably based on experience
- A natural affinity for cultivating relationships, attracting new members and facilitating consensus-building among diverse individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with natural affinity for public speaking
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for supporting women in the energy and environmental fields
- Member of the Association of Energy Engineers and CWEEL
Board Member Responsibilities
1. Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings.
2. Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
3. Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
4. Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
5. Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
6. Is an active participant in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
7. Participates in fund raising for the organization.
8. Actively support the mission and voice of the Association of Energy Engineers and attend at least one of the AEE Conferences (AEE East, AEE West, and/or AEE World
There are currently nine (9) Board committees and three (3) openings for the following committees/board positions:
- Career Advancement
- Chapter Liaison
- International CWEEL
- Marketing, Communication & Social Media
- Mentor Program – OPEN
- Membership – OPEN
- Programs & Events (includes local/regional networking and sponsors)
- Scholarships & Student Enrichment Program
- Fundraising & Corporate Sponsors – OPEN
If you are interested in applying for a position on the CWEEL board, please provide the following information:
- A statement of experience and skills to meet the qualifications and responsibilities for the board position (see above descriptions of qualifications and responsibilities)
- A statement of your goals and purpose for applying to the CWEEL board
- A copy of your CV/bio
- The committee(s) which you are applying to chair (select one or more committees) – (1) Mentor Program, (2) Membership, (3) Fundraising & Corporate Sponsors
- A statement that you will commit to attend at least one CWEEL Board Meeting each year in person (there are three in-person board meetings held in conjunction with AEE’s three conferences). If you have any concerns with meeting this requirement, please explain in your application.
- Two written references (preferably one from an active AEE member)
Applications are due no later than March 15, 2019. The CWEEL Board expects to make its selection in March/April 2019 with the new board positions effective May 1, 2019.